We tend to begin a session calming down and centring but try occasionally moving into an awareness of your energy and using a few Qi techniques to get the energy flowing, dissolving blocks and increasing your Qi /Prana; travelling up to a peak and then slowly relaxing more and more until you are able to let go completely.
- Place your right hand over the left on top of your lower Dantien and breathe in and out storing your energy.2. Place your palms on the heart chakra and breathe in and out from a point over your crown directing heat into the palms.3) Hold right hand palm facing left & revolve the left palm 7x.4) repeat with left palm and revolve right palm 7x. 5) revolve both palms and begin to sense your qi between your palms as you move into:- MOON OVER WATER …repeat 4x each side.
- Door of Life…repeat 3x
- Do 7 Zips to move your aura from pubic bone to under lip.
- Tap the K27 points, spleen points and Thymus point 7x
- Tapping on arm meridians, kidney point and leg meridians.
By now you should have strong reserves of energy flowing.
- Do Salute to the Sun 4 repeats.
- In lunge push arms and breath out and pull arms and breath in, bending elbows to side and making fists.approx… 2 minutes.
- Do Breath of Fire 2 repeats with root lock.
- Windmills 3x each side, swinging chair, ski twists.
Work with squeezing block between thighs in boat posture. Do full boat and half boat and twists.
Rock into plough and come into pose of peace as you begin to bring energy down. Stay in pose of peace at least 5minutes.
Wide angle practice using block.
Cat postures ,cat relax, rabbit and child relaxation.
You should have a copy of the Shakti Banda routine.(let me know if not). Use that to bring all your energy down and end with Bhramari breathing.
Relax 10 minutes.
Margaret. ( next class is a week Thurs)
YOU ….. are my HERO…. and inspiration ….. bless all you do xxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!
I am so pleased that I have signed up. I came across a card that I had kept with your details on. I have gone from having a regular practice and taking lots of courses to not doing Yoga on a serious basis for about 10 years! This is giving me the inspiration to connect again. Thank you Margaret.
Thank you Caroline. See you soon. So pleased to hear from you Rachel keep up the good work