Opening up to Inner Intelligence. Recap of yoga lesson June 4th
Listening to the wisdom of the body and engaging with the breath, is what we learn to do in yoga. But it is important to let go of all struggle and rest in that innate Open Intelligence which we all have access to if we can stop thinking just for a moment , let go and be at peace. One way to relax completely into that wide open space is to just gently follow the passage of the breath in the microcosmic orbit as the breath circulates all our energy centres.
( You should have a handout of the microcosmic orbit please let me know if not)
Stretch and do ratio breathing 3x
Rock and Roll 3x
Side stretches. Raise both feet together, single leg, turning heel stretch. 3x each. Toe stretch and Maltese cross using straps. 2x each side.
Supine tree. Gyrate both legs separately and then both together.
Supine archer. Table 5 x Bridges various.
Shoulder stretches, back stretch. Rooster with hands interlocked and revolving.6 x
Cats, tiger, stretch into cat relax both sides.
Moon prayer to (half moon posture) repeat on the other side.
Cobra and pair cobra easing partner into back stretch from cobra.
Mountain climbing in plank running the knees into the chest. 6x
Shoulder qissage with partner on the acupressure points only.
1) Knocking on the Door of Life, hips, Solar plexus, lungs, shoulders.
2) Spinal breathing with Ha expulsionbreath.
3) Qi massage on kidneys using fists, slapping with flat of hand,fists on groin and flat of hand on knees, ending with nerve charging breath . (work with a partner.)
4) Warrior to Archer. 5) Flow and forward bend.6) Rishi posture and massage calves and third mile point.7) Further calves strengthening using a chair. 8 ) standing twists 9) swinging chair into side twists..
Pair work …gate standing and sitting, back warrior.
Seated. Sitali breathing 5 minutes.
Relax by a forest pool 10 minutes.
- © Copyright Margaret Gill. All rights reserved.
- Yoga any time, any place
- THE PATAMAN TAPE ( My Books )
- Opening Inner Wisdom YOGA April 28th
- Further exploration of the use of non-physical energy. 3.3.16
- Spark your Fire. Feed your Qi. 18.2.16
- SLOW BUT SURE YOGA 11.2.16
- TAKING SCORE.
- Being Your best Self.
- YOGA YOUR BRAIN AND STRESS 21.1.16
- Recap of Yoga July 9th
- Recap on Yoga lesson on July 2nd
- Yoga recap June 25th
- Yoga recap for June 18th.
- Strengthening Spine and bones. Recap of yoga lesson June 11th.Strengthening Spine and bones. Recap of yoga lesson June 11th.
- Opening up to Inner Intelligence. Recap of yoga lesson June 4th